Get creative and win!
We’re running a competition for you to design our next library bag.
The theme for your design is simple – “Our place”.
Create an original line drawing, or develop a piece of digital artwork.
All age groups are welcome and there are Centre Place vouchers and an iPad mini up for grabs.
Start thinking, start planning... then pick up an official entry form from Monday at your local Hamilton City Library, or download it here.
We can't wait to see your designs!
Terms and conditions
1. Entrants must submit a design reflecting the theme: OUR PLACE.
2. An official entry form, available from all Hamilton City Libraries, must be completed for each entry.
3. Maximum size of artwork is 25cm x 25cm.
4. Digital entries are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in hi-res JPG or PDF format and under 5MB, with an official entry form attached.
5. Limited to three entries per person.
6. Artwork is to be a black line drawing.
7. We suggest artists aim to:
a. Keep the artwork simple
b. Use clear, well-defined shapes or words
c. No shading or colours - artwork should be black lines or blocks of solid black.
8. Entries close at 5pm on Monday 18 June 2018. No late entries will be accepted.
9. Each entry must be attached to an official entry form with all details completed.
10. The entry form must be signed by the artist, or parent/guardian if under 12, who must be a Hamilton City Libraries member.
11. If chosen as a winner, the entrant(s) agrees to be photographed for promotional purposes.
12. All entries must have been specifically designed for this competition and must be the sole work of the artist who signs the entry statement as the artist.
13. Prizes will be awarded to individual entrants in each of the following age categories 0-12 years, 13-17 years, 18+ years. Age is determined on the date of entry submission.
14. Each age category has one winner and one runner-up. There will be ONE overall winner, who will receive an iPad Mini.
15. All winners will be announced on Monday 9 July 2018 and notified by phone or email. Winners will also be published on our Facebook page and website.
16. The overall winning bag design will feature on a limited edition library bag.
17. No Council staff or their immediate families are eligible to enter.
18. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. All entries become the property of Hamilton City Libraries.
20. The winning artwork may be altered or redrawn to suit the printing process.