Get creative and win!
We’re running a competition for our customers to design our next library card.
The theme for your design is simple – “Hamilton!”.
Create an original drawing, come up with a photograph, or develop a piece of digital artwork.
All age groups are welcome and there are Centre Place vouchers and an iPad mini up for grabs.
Start thinking, start planning... then pick up an official entry form from Monday at your local Hamilton City Library.
We can't wait to see your designs!
Terms and conditions
1. Entrants must submit a design reflecting the theme: Hamilton!
2. An official entry form, available from all Hamilton City Libraries, must be completed for each entry.
3. Digital entries are to be emailed to email@example.com , in JPG format and under 5MB, with an official entry form attached.
4. Limited to 3 entries per person.
5. No metallic colours and/or glitter may be used.
6. We suggest artists aim to:
a. Keep the artwork simple
b. Use clear, well-defined shapes
c. Use contrasting colours
7. Entries close at 5pm on Friday 13 October. No late entries will be accepted.
8. Each entry must be attached to an official entry form with all details completed.
9. The entry form must be signed by the artist, or parent/guardian if under 12, who must be a Hamilton City Libraries member.
10. If chosen as a winner, the entrant(s) agrees to be photographed for promotional purposes.
11. All entries must have been specifically designed for this competition and must be the sole work of the artist who signs the entry statement as the artist.
12. Prizes will be awarded to individual entrants in each of the following age categories 0-12 years, 13-17 years, 18+ years.
Age is determined on the date of entry submission.
13. Each age category has one winner and one runner-up. There will be ONE overall winner, who will receive an iPad Mini.
14. All winners will be announced on Wednesday 18 October and notified by phone or email. Winners will also be published on our Facebook page and website.
15. The overall winning card design will feature on a limited edition library card.
16. No Council staff or their immediate families are eligible to enter.
17. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. All entries become the property of Hamilton City Libraries.