Think of all the things you could do if you only had a tool kit or a sewing machine; think of the fantastic party you could throw if you had the means to bake a variety of sumptuous novelty cakes! The kit collection is all about taking the time to learn something new or to dust off an existing skill, maybe even gain a new hobby. Don't put off that DIY job because you don't have the right equipment - borrow it from your local library! Let us help you discover your hidden talent for knitting... or stargazing. Get ready to open up a world of possibilities! Browse our new Kit Collection.
- 2 week loan period
$1.00 loan/hire charge
Held at Central, Chartwell, Dinsdale and St Andrews Libraries only
Items can be returned to any of our libraries during opening hours
Overdue charge 50 cents per day
- We would love to hear your thoughts about the Kit collection. Please help us by completing this short survey.
Terms and conditions
Hamilton City Library’s Membership terms and conditions apply when you borrow a kit. These are available from the issue desk.
When you borrow this kit, you are responsible for:
• Returning it by the due date, clean and in the same condition as when you borrowed it; and
• Any loss, theft or damage that occurs to the kit while it is on loan to you (ask at the issue desk for a price list of the items included in this kit); and
• Reading and following any instructions included with this kit; and
• Using items in this kit in a safe and proper manner, and only for the purposes for which it is intended and/or as set out in the instructions.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Hamilton City Libraries assumes no responsibility or liability for any injuries, damage to self, others or property as a result of any use or reliance on the kit you have borrowed. Nothing in this disclaimer is intended to limit your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
If you discover a fault with the kit or if it is damaged, please stop using it immediately and return it to your nearest Hamilton City Library.