Recommend to Purchase
As a library member you are welcome to make suggestions for addition to the collections. If the recommendation is approved, a reserve will be placed, and a reservation charge of $ 2.50 will apply.
You can help us process your recommendations more efficiently by:
- Checking the catalogue carefully to ensure that the item is not already held or on order for the collection.
- Specifying in the Request Notes box why you think this item will appeal to other customers. - It's difficult to justify spending public funds for one user.
- Providing the date of publication, and as many other details as possible. - Most of our customers tell us to buy really new up to date stuff.
- Keeping within the quota of 2 recommendations per month per customer.
- Avoiding requests for popular fiction authors (PDF, 239KB). You can reserve their latest titles as soon as the order appears on the catalogue approximately 2 months before publication date.
Please fill out this Recommendation for Purchase form. Consider the Interloan service for specialised, older and out of print items. A charge of $5 per standard interloan will apply for the first five interloans each financial year (1 July until 30 June the following year). This increases to $15 per standard interloan for any further requests.
You can now order your own copy of the book you have read in our library through our partners Wheelers Books.